Tuesday, October 2, 2018

Doily Challenge

At a recent all day team day all of the attending SU demonstrators bought along a shoebox swap to share. This way we each got to make 17 new projects. This is a good way to get to use stamp sets you may not have purchased. Sometimes you can fall in love so much with a product that it just has to be added to your next order. (Clever ploy isn't it?)

As part of the day there was a challenge to make a card using one of the SU doilies. Every single card was so completely different. I decided to do a card that was very much out of my comfort zone - so much colour, many layers and nearly everything from inside my craft cupboard. Even my family said how not like my type of card it was. But strangely enough I really like it.

I used Melon Mambo and Granny Apple Green as the base colours. A bit of glimmer paper, Wink of Stella, enamel dots, doily, double-sided paper, embossing, stamping, ribbon, pearls and fine tipped glue. Whew!!

No comments:

Post a Comment