Wednesday, July 26, 2017

Sprinkles of Life - CASEing the Catty #CTC137 Entry

My entry for CASEing the Catty CTC137 this week. I have cased the card for Paint Play page 161 using Sprinkles of Life stamp set. 

You cannot really see the detail on the leaves of the tree - some are emphasized with the fine tip glue. 

The card base is the ever faithful Crumb Cake - one of my all time favourites. I have used a piece of the Wood Textures DSP as the base and built on this. The 'ribbon'* is made from one of this year's in colours - Tranquil Tide card that I softened the fibres in by using my bone folder. This is decorated with a Gold Faceted Gem. 

I have used the Sprinkles of Life stamp set for the pot and tree. Inks used are Crumb Cake, Soft Suede and Emerald Envy. I took a thin piece of Very Vanilla card stock and punch holes along the edge for a little pop out feature in the background.


To finish it all off I stamped the message of Very Vanilla card stock in Emerald Envy ink. Tied on a piece of Linen Thread and emphasised some of the leaves with the Fine Tip Glue to give them an embossed look and feel. This card has been given a bit of depth by using Dimensionals to set the tree and message of the card front. 

TIP * Even though you don't always have ribbon or twine in coordinating colours a good way around this is to make your own. Rather than dying some woven ribbon I chose, on this occasion, to make the ribbon from card stock. To make the card as pliable as paper you just need to work with it a little to break down the fibres, therefore it will move and act like a piece of fabric. A great way to add your own little designer finish.

No comments:

Post a Comment