Wednesday, May 17, 2017

May Craft Class Cards


For my craft class last week I decided to use the ATC swap I made for my teams swap at the April Stampin' Up! OnStage event. 


The card on the right features the ATC. My aim this year is to teach 3 cards each class that show how you can take a basic idea and build on it to produce 3 cards of different levels of difficulty.


This class showcased the bumblebee from the Pun Intended (hostess set), leaves from Flamingo Lingo stamp set and my favourite - Gorgeous Grunge which I used to make a background paper.


Using only 3 inks it appears there is so much more depth to these cards. The colours used are Daffodil Delight, Basic Black and Basic Grey. I achieved the different yellow colours on the background paper by stamping in more than one layer.


Added little features are the Black Metal Wire and Wink of Stella on the wings - in the daylight they glimmer.


I must admit I will be very sad when the Pun Intended set retires and totally devastated when Gorgeous Grunge retires.

No comments:

Post a Comment