Tuesday, May 30, 2017

Kelly's Stamping Friends Blog Hop - Celebrating 5 years



Thank you to all who have joined me from the amazing Fi Cobbin's blog post which helps celebrate Kelly Kent's 5 years as a demonstrator with Stampin' Up!

The theme of this blog hop is everything HAPPY

Below you will see a card I have made using the increasingly popular shaving foam technique. It really is a simple way to be super creative on a card. The beauty of this technique is EVERY card is an individual, whilst the colours may remain the same the shaving cream definitely changes the layout of the inks.

I love the effect the background has when originally it was only a plain white card.

For this card the background colours I have used are: inks Bermuda Bay, Pool Party, Melon Mambo, Cucumber Crush. The ribbon and card are the lovely new Berry Burst.



The second card uses only 2 ink colours - Real Red for the background and highlighting colour is Basic Black. I have used the Fine Tip Glue to emboss the brand new Happy Birthday die and all edges and the ribbon have been 'glittered' with Wink of Stella.

Like to learn techniques like this and MORE....feel free to message me to join my monthly craft class, held on the first Friday night of the month in Mitcham, Victoria.

Now you are off to see the talented Holly Stene's blog. Congratulations to Kelly Kent for her 5th Birthday with Stampin' Up!

15 comments:

  1. 2 great cards- what a great effect even with only one colour. Very Happy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both of them are fantastic, but my favourite is the red - it is so you!! Gorgeous cards Nicole!! Love them both.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just beautiful Nicole! I love a good technique! Thanks for being part of my stamping circle and adding happy to the world! Kelly x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Shaving cream technique is one of my fave backgrounds too so glad to see it being done a bit lately. You have made these cards look great with the die cut sentiment x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the effect of stamping on the single colour background Nicole. These are 2 lovely cards.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful backgrounds, Nicole! Well done :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Isn't that die great Nicole? So versatile and love your backgrounds

    ReplyDelete
  8. What fun you had playing with the shaving cream! Such fun backgrounds.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I still love the shaving cream technique. These cards are so striking. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh i have never tried that technique! Thanks for the inspiration :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is a technique I have never tried! Your cards both look beautiful, I like the sentiment that you have used the glue on to make it look enameled!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such beautiful cards, Nicole! I love the texture and movement the shaving foam gives to your colours!

    ReplyDelete